These delicious cookies were enjoyed by everyone who attended the 2014 Oilseeds Invitational Golf Classic at Dakota Dunes Golf Links. Who knew mustard could be so good in a cookie?
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.Whisk together dry ingredients and set aside.
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard seed
3.Cream wet ingredients and combine with dry.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tbsp honey mustard
Combine wet ingredients with a hand mixer on low. To cream, increase speed to high and beat until fluffy and the color lightens.
Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture just until no flour is visible. Over-mixing results in a tough cookie!
4.Stir in some fun stuff.
- 2.5 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1.5 cups cranberries
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup salted chopped nuts (peanuts, pecans, cashews work well)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
5.Bake and enjoy!
- Drop 2-inches apart onto baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake 11-13 minutes on center rack until golden, but still moist beneath cracks on top.
- Remove from oven; let cookies sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.