http://mustardfest.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/760x350_bison.jpg 350 760 Brandon http://mustardfest.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/mustardlogo.png Brandon2014-07-22 19:04:552017-07-11 23:09:24Bison Carpaccio
- 150 mL Dark Ale (may substitute vegetable tomato juice for ale and red wine), 2/3 cup
- 60 mL Chopped onion, 1/4 cup
- 15 mL Chopped garlic, 1 Tbsp
- 65 mL Canola oil (canola-olive oil blend, optional), 5 Tbsp
- 30 mL Dry red wine (may substitute vegetable tomato juice for ale and red wine), 2 Tbsp
- 400g Bison meat, trimmed, 15 oz.
- 60 mL Dijon mustard, 1/4 cup
- 30 mL Chopped parsley, 2 Tbsp
- 30 mL Black peppercorns, crushed, 2 Tbsp
- 30 mL Cilantro, chopped, 2 Tbsp
- In a small saucepan, combine the ale, onion, garlic, 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil and wine. Bring to a simmer. Set the marinade aside until cool.
- In self-sealing plastic bag, place bison meat; add marinade and refrigerate for at least 24 hours and longer if you prefer a firmer meat. Remove marinated bison from liquid and pat dry.
- Roll bison in the herb mixture. Freeze the roll partially to make it easy to slice. Slice the bison very thinly.
- Arrange slices over mixed greens and drizzle with canola-olive blend.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Add 3 Tbsp (45 mL) canola oil to sauté pan. Heat to 350F (190C) and sear meat on both sides. Allow to cool. Brush seared bison with Dijon mustard. Mix together the parsley, peppercorns and cilantro.